Good Shepherd School invites you to learn more about our kindergarten through sixth grade community. Email email@example.com to schedule a tour. We also recommend you attend one of our Open Houses in January. The Open House will provide an overview of the Good Shepherd curriculum and experience and an opportunity to meet our staff.
Applications are available the night of our first Open House. They may be picked up at the Open House, downloaded from our website or mailed to you.
Open House Dates and Times:
Monday, January 9th 6 - 8 P.M.
Tuesday, January 24th 6 - 8 P.M.
Thursday, February 9th 9:00 - 10:30 A.M.
Thursday, March 9th 9:00 - 10:30 A.M.
Registration for 2017 - 2018
Current Good Shepherd School Families:
If you currently have a student enrolled in Good Shepherd School, you will receive an email with a link specific to the information we have in our database for your child on January 9, 2016. An online application needs to be completed for each student using their specific link. If you do not receive the email, please contact Angela Lee at 763-545-4285 ext. 851 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an incoming kindergartner, please use the link found under Future Good Shepherd School Families.
Future Good Shepherd School Families:
The online application link for a student NEW to Good Shepherd School is available below. Please click on the link labeled NEW STUDENT APPLICATION LINK for access. The link will bring you to our online application for the 2017 - 2018 school year. If you prefer to fill the application out by hand, the application is available to be downloaded below. Your application is considered complete once we have received your application AND your registration fee of $100.00.
Print and fill out by hand:
The application is available to be downloaded and filled out by hand below. Please use the link labeled Download Application Form. To apply using this format, download the form. Once the form is fully downloaded, click on the Print icon and print it on your printer. Then fill out the forms by hand and return it to the school office.
Applications are due by Wednesday, February 1, 2017!
Tuition for the 2017 - 2018 school year:
Active Parishioner Rate* $4,400
Standard Tuition Rate $5,800
Family Plan ** Third child of a family (youngest) pays 1/2 of tuition cost
Fourth child of a family (youngest) pays no tuition
* Families who are active and contributing members of the parish community pay the Active Parishioner Rate in recognition of our parish's mission to support Catholic education for K-6 students. To qualify for the Active Parishioner Rate, Good Shepherd School families must: 1) be registered members of Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 2) regularly attend Sunday Mass at Good Shepherd (two times per month or more), 3) volunteer time and talent in parish ministries or events, and 4) support the work of the parish through traceable, unrestricted financial contributions (e.g., envelope offerings or electronic fund transfers). Families who do not qualify for the Active Parishioner Rate pay the Standard Tuition Rate. We will assess a family's fuflillment of these expectations throughout the year. If, after being reminded and encouraged to do so, a family does not meet the expectations of the Active Parishioner Rate, that family may be charged the Standard Tuition Rate.
Please note that some area parishes support their parishioners by subsidizing the difference between the Active Parishioner Rate and the Standard Tuition Rate. Currently, Saint Mary of the Lake (Plymouth) and Saint Margaret Mary (Golden Valley) support their families in this way. Check with your parish to see if you are eligible for help. All subsidy arrangements through other parishes are agreements between your family and your parish. You are responsible for any required application and compliance issues.
** The Family Plan is for families with three or four children currently enrolled in the school.
- A registration fee of $100.00 is required at the time of registration for all new students, including siblings of current students and is non-refundable. This fee is separate and not included in the student fee.
- A non-refundable individual student fee of $200 is charged for students in grades 1- 6 to cover field trips, assemblies, yearbook, and technology. The student fee is due by July 15th, 2015. This fee does not include special fees such as the 6th grade Long Lake Conservation Center and graduation trips.
- For kindergarten students, a non-refundable, fee of $275 is charged to cover all the above listed fees, as well as classroom supplies, cooking supplies, and daily snacks. This fee is due by July 15, 2017, as well.
- Student fees for all grade levels must be paid by July 15th, 2017. Accounts more than 30 days past due from the 15th of the month will be charged 1% per month or $20, whichever is greater.
- Payments returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $35.00 NSF fee.
- Good Shepherd accepts payment by cash, check, and credit card (American Express Visa, MasterCard). Please note that those paying by credit card are responsible for paying the non-refundable convenience fees (or credit card processing fees) assessed by TADS or any other credit card processing firm utilized by Good Shepherd.
- Families experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to contact the school to request financial aid.
- Unless paying directly by cash or check, families must pay tuition via TADS, our tuition management company, using one of the options listed below. Payments are due on the 15th of the month, beginning July 15th. There is an annual $45 TADS fee per family for those who elect to use the 10-month or Quarterly plans below.
Option 1: Payment in full by cash, check, or credit card.
Payment in full must be received by July 15th.
Option 2: Payment by credit card or ACH (automatic withdraw from bank account)
10 monthly, due on the 15th of each month from July through April
Quarterly, four payments due July 15, October 15, December 15, and February 15
Semi-annually, two payments due July 15 and December 15
Financial aid or other tuition assistance may be available through your parish. All subsidy arrangements are an agreement between your family and your parish. You are responsible for any required application and compliance issues.
We provide free busing for all Good Shepherd School students within the busing boundaries. The bus route includes Golden Valley, St. Louis Park, parts of New Hope, Robbinsdale and Crystal. Call 763-545-4285 for more information.